To maintain the accurate business records is necessary to attract the new funding. The QuickBooks is an accounting solution that helps to maintain easily the details of commercial transactions without any flaws. But, not everything is perfect. Users may face some QuickBooks errors time to time due to several reasons. Out of which here we will discuss about Error Code 6147, which you may come across when you try to open or backup a QuickBooks file. It prevents the users of QuickBooks to from accessing the vital information. Let us discuss the reasons due to which this error occurs.
What are the possible reasons for Error Code 6147 in QuickBooks?
- The backup file name have crossed the maximum character limit for the file name i.e., 210 characters. Also if the backup file has incorrect name/path, then it is essential to restore the backup files to a new location.
- Network drive is not used while restoring the backup file.
- The file is corrupted or damaged.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- Corruption in Windows registry.
- Infection due to Virus or malware that has corrupted Windows system.
- QuickBooks file deleted mistakenly.
Now we will discuss the steps to fix Error 6147 problems. These steps are difficult to attempt, so users may call QuickBooks Online Solution Number Canada 1-209-337-3009, in case they face difficulty in performing the following steps:
Solution 1: Install the QuickBooks File Doctor and run this application tool. The QuickBooks file doctor is useful when you can’t open your company file.
Solution 2: Restoring the backup to another location. First make sure that your system is not being hosted. Select “Stop Hosting Multi User Access” in Utilities in the file menu of the QuickBooks software and click on Yes. Restore a back up file that is saved on the system.
Solution 3: Re-configuring the settings of Trend Micro Active Scan and you have to keep folder aside that holds company files.
Solution 4: Run the Rebuild Utility. Click on Rebuild data in Utilities. If you receive a message to backup your company file, click OK.
Hopefully, the above discussed solution will help you in resolving the Error Code 6147 in QuickBooks. If the above solutions do not fix the error 6147 then please contact QuickBooks Helpline Number Canada 1-209-337-3009. Looking for help? Talk to one of our experts to quickly resolve your issue at QuickBooks.